Why is Video marketing so important in 2020
Video marketing is, without a doubt, the best type of content to share driving more engagement and getting better responses than any other type of content. Video marketing has been growing in popularity for a while, but 2020 will see a massive increase in the amount of video content people are consuming.
Consumers want to see the story behind a brand, they want to feel a connection, the business they are supporting, and video is a great platform to use to tell your story and build those connections.
Video needs to be a priority in your marketing strategy, if it is not already otherwise your business will get left behind and you will not be reaching your audience. You do not need to have professionally made videos, all you need to do is to tell your story in a relatable way.
Why is video marketing so Important
You don’t have to take our word for the fact that video marketing is the way to go, let’s take a look at some of the statistics.
78% of people watch videos weekly, with 55% of people watching videos daily.
72% of customers prefer to learn more about a product by watching a video.
81% of business are using video as a part of their online marketing strategy,
Video consumption through mobile is increasing by 100% every single year
The projections for video are just as impressive with the projected number of videos crossing the internet per second rising to 1 million by 2022. This is a staggering number and allows ample opportunity for everyone to share their videos and to be seen by their consumers.
If you are not using video as a big part of your marketing, you need to make this your primary focus in 2020. Video is also an easy way for you to get conversions for your lead magnets and offerings because people are more likely to click through and buy from you after watching a video. If you are not convinced as to why video marketing is so important, here are 6 reasons you need to start working on those videos.
1. People prefer video. Consumers are more likely to watch and share your video content that any other content you are sharing. People favor watching videos over reading long blog posts and are more likely to share a video than they are a link. Your business is missing out on opportunities if it is not leveraging the power of video.
2. Video reinforces your message. Videos give your audience a behind the scenes look at your business. They help people to understand the brand better which is more likely to encourage brand loyalty. You can also reinforce and grow your brand identity through your videos.
3. People remember videos. Did you know roughly 80% of consumers report remembering a video they say up to a month ago? Few people remember what they read as easily as this. If you are not sharing videos regularly, your customers are likely to forget about you and out of sight, out of mind resulting in lost opportunities.
4. Videos are appealing. Forbes reports that adding a video to your email marketing strategy increases the rates of click-through by up to 300%. Who wouldn’t want those kinds of returns? Emails aren’t the only place you can incorporate video, you can use them on your landing pages, websites and social media accounts.
5. Videos can be consumed easily across all devices. Video is one of the easiest types of content to make responsive on all types of devices and across different browsers. As a business, you cannot afford to be sharing content that is not responsive on mobile phones, tablets, and computers. Videos can be watched easily on pretty much any device.
6. Videos help with SEO. When people watch your video, they are interacting with your site. They are also more likely to click through to your website which will improve your overall SEO. Not only will video get people to your website, but they will drastically improve your conversion rates. We all know how important SEO is and improving your SEO organically is a win for your business.
You don’t need a team of videographers to make good quality videos. There are countless apps and tools you can use to create your video. When you are putting your video content together, all you need is a location, some characters, and a storyline. This makes video low cost with high rates of return, which is what all businesses are looking for.
If you have been putting off making videos, make sure you add them to your 2020 marketing strategy! Start small by simple sharing more information on who you are as a business and why people should support you. Once you start, you will see the power of a simple video.