Video SEO: How to Rank YouTube Videos on the First Page of Google (Right Away)
How do I optimize YouTube videos for SEO?
According to comScore Video Metrix, more than 124 million unique viewers in the U.S. – 78% of the country’s total online population – viewed 9.5 billion online videos during December 2007. More than 19 million unique viewers in Canada – 89% of the country’s total online population – watched more than 2.1 billion online videos that month. This makes Video SEO an essential part of any online marketing campaign.
Video SEO Best Practices
According to Shari Thurow, author of Search Engine Visibility, there are “12 steps to successful video SEO.” They are:
- Research video-related keyword phrases before optimizing and categorizing video files.
- Always include user-friendly, keyword-focused meta data in all video files.
- Name the video with appropriate keywords, when applicable.
- Give video search engines easy access to your videos and video clips.
- Organize video content by file format.
- Robots exclude redundant video content.
- Optimize the Web pages that contain videos.
- Cross-link to other Web pages containing similar video content.
- Create a video library or catalog.
- Improve video quality.
- Watermark and/or brand your video content.
- Submit and distribute your video files to video search engines and video-sharing Web sites.
The seven pages in the second edition of Search Engine Visibility about optimizing videos do not offer a “secret recipe” for video SEO. As Shari writes in her introduction, “This book is about building a strong foundation.” She adds, “As long as video creators and video editors keep usability principles and the building blocks of successful search engine optimization in mind, videos can deliver a great return on investment (ROI).” More At https://www.blastanalytics.com/video-search-engine-optimization
We will keep you updated