Attorney Marketing & Small Law Firm Marketing
Competition in attorney online marketing continues to grow every year. As the number of internet users continues to grow, so does the number of lawyers and law firms competing for the same clients. With over 1.3 million lawyers in the United States alone, the ground is even tougher for new attorneys. Those who want to remain relevant will have to come up with new law firm advertising ideas. This article will examine some of the future trends that are likely to take shape as lawyers and firms struggle to remain competitive.
1. Smaller firms will adopt a DIY approach
Although there are quite some things that may require lots of know-how in internet marketing, there are many helpful tools and resources that are readily available. More attorneys are, therefore, expected to handle their internet marketing strategies in-house.
Hiring an agency to manage the nitty-gritty is always advisable, but it is possible for any intelligent lawyer to manage their online marketing activities. The following tips will teach to handle your firm’s internet marketing.
- Get the necessary training. If you want to learn new attorney marketing ideas, there are training programs designed to train lawyers and firms who want to handle their SEO tasks in-house.
- Determine marketing responsibilities within the office. Make sure your staff are trained and have designated roles.
- Seek help if necessary – even with all that training and a dedicated staff to boot, there will be instances when a third opinion will come in handy. If you need to consult or seek technical assistance, feel free to do so.
2. Content is becoming longer
Research has shown that there is a correlation between the length of content and search engine results page (SERP) rank. Extending and updating content over time is good for SEO. Starting out with lengthy content rather than just extending it is also advisable. But lengthy content is good as long as it is well formatted so that readers can easily scan it. The following are tips to help make your content longer.
- If you are struggling to write long content, consider FAQs. They are flexible, and you can use them pretty much everywhere.
- Make sure the content is legitimately good. 10, 000 words of gibberish content will not get you anywhere. Copying your competitor’s law firm will also not help. You need unique and valuable content that addresses the concerns of prospect clients.
- Don’t just provide information; demonstrate your availability by giving your clients multiple options for getting in touch with you.
3. Content is becoming more visual
Although longer content is better as the point above stresses, it still needs to be visually appealing to clients. Nobody will ever read it otherwise. You need visuals to break up massive blocks of content. It will make the information skimmable and easy to read. Incorporating visuals will improve metrics such as views, bounce rates, leads and conversions. The tips below will assist you in making your content more visual.
- Employ creative sub-headers and emphasize key points. Readers will first scroll down a page before reading. If they find what they’re looking for, they will stay.
Segmenting the content using interesting headlines will make it easily scannable.
- Add visual aids such as graphs and screenshots. Visuals aids make the content more appealing and engaging. People also tend to process images much faster than they do text.
4. Firms are including more video content
Video content has been around for a long time, and research has revealed that it will only become more popular. According to Cisco, video will make up 69% of all consumer internet traffic in 2017. Law firm internet marketing teams should create informative, unscripted videos with their smartphones for their social media campaigns.
Video is a great medium especially for lawyers looking to try out new attorney marketing ideas. It builds trust and connects with the audience on an emotional level. It is an excellent way of connecting with clients and building trust. Here are a few tips to help you maximize your video marketing efforts.
- Make videos that can cut across multiple platforms. Uploading content on one platform may not yield much. If you want to drive traffic to your site, upload videos on as many platforms as necessary including on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, LinkedIn and so on.
- Consider live streaming. The live streaming trend is quite new, but it’s worth a try. If you’re worried that you may not attract enough visitors to warrant a live stream, your content will remain in your profile for later viewing.
- Don’t overdo it. Quality branded videos are great, but they are not necessary. As an advocate, your primary concern should be providing relevant expert information to your audience. Short, candid videos should suffice.
5. Websites are becoming faster
The speed of a site affects not only user experience but also SEO. Having a slow site has never been a big deal before. But so much has changed over the years. Google is now considering speed when ranking websites. A slow site is, therefore, expected to have low rankings. Don’t allow slow speeds to affect your ranking and conversions.
Follow the tips below to make your site as fast as a speeding bullet.
- Plug-ins improve and add important features to your site. But too many plug-ins will overload your site and lead to slow loading speed. There are some plug-ins you can’t do without, but if some are not necessary, your site will do better without them.
- Compress the images on your site. You don’t need the highest resolution possible especially if you want them to display on mobile.
- Use a cache plug-in. The plug-in will increase the speed and performance of your site significantly. Users will not have to reach your site’s servers to access your content. They can do it through a recently cached version of your site.
6. Practice areas will start to resemble homepages
Technological advancements and user expectations have led to the demand for an interactive style of website. The days when interior pages used to be dominated by text information will soon be behind us. Law firms’ practice area pages, in particular, will soon have the same look and feel of homepages, which are usually unique and engaging. Use the advice below to make your practice area pages resemble homepages.
- Use relevant images. The benefits of incorporating visual elements as pertains to user navigation have been discussed at length in point number 3 above.
- Include testimonials and trust badges. Find a way to include these items in the practice area pages. You can place them on a sidebar or cleverly incorporate them into the main text to break up the content.
- Leave white space. Including more elements doesn’t necessarily mean stuffing your pages. White spaces make it easier for users to focus.
Many lawyers and firms fail to land new clients because they waste a lot of time doing the wrong things. Law firm internet marketing is very competitive at the moment. New attorneys who want to get their foot in the game should be ready to employ the right law firm advertising ideas like the ones outlined above to remain relevant and competitive.
|Latest Google Algorithms (Panda/Penguin/Fred) Proof SEO Packages|
|SEO Packages – 2017||Quick Call||Quick Call||Quick Call||Quick Call|
|5 Keywords||10 Keywords||15 Keywords||20 Keywords|
|Mobile/Responsive compatibility check||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Initial Back links analysis||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|ON-PAGE SEO OPTIMIZATION|
|Keyword Research & Analysis||5||10||15||25|
|On Page Optimization||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Title Tags Optimization||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|META Tags Optimization||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|info.txt Creation for alexa & business directories||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Anchor Tags Optimization||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|H1 Tag Optimization||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Internal Linking Optimization||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Google Webmaster Tools Setup||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Bing Webmaster Tools Setup||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|